Today I was reminded of something, I am secretly 65 years old. I have been that age probably since I was the actual age of 12. I have no explanation to why I am this way, I just am much better at being 65 than I am at being my actual age. My age bracket are normally working 60 hours a week at a job that is terrible. Most are addicted to social media and the nightlife culture. I enjoy and participate in none of these things, he'll I even think the idea of a blog is silly, but that's my cross to bare. I like newspapers, walking, the strategy of sports, taking my time, and bickering. I have always preferred doing things my own way, that way just turns out to be the path of your average retiree.
What has reminded me of this is another thing that has happened to me over the years, and again today. While at the store with the kid in the check out line a grand mother stated how cute the kid is and how she looks like me. This led to her saying that the kid was cute because she has a cute dad, hehehe. This has always happened to me, in high school moms always liked me more than their daughters. Now, the payoff to all of this simple, I am the luckiest man in the world, and I really am old inside and outside. The reason is, I have someone who is just as old, inside, as I am. The lady is definitely a kindred retiree and thank goodness because the prospects for a 26 going on 65 year old aren't very good.
This has all given me yet another reminder that sometimes things happen because they are seemingly supposed to. The kid gives me just enough leeway to let my old man out on a daily basis, and I like that.
Be glad you are who you are even if that mean you are ridiculous. The reason, someone will appreciate that, at some point. Oh yeah, and read the newspaper, it's highly underrated.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment