About Me

The story of a man, a woman, and a baby just making it happen. Please contact me at keaneyblueseagull@gmail.com

Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's a Marathon

I tend find my understanding of things that are confusing and difficult in sports. The idea that you work hard enough and you get a chance, sometimes just one chance but you get that chance to change history. This sometimes seems to idyllic to be applied to life, that's where I find myself standing on the rooftops screaming to all that can hear, it isn't to good to be true. The difference between sport and life is simple things are clear in sports. There are rules and structures, in life it is much more of a moving field. The opportunities for you to prove your worth, strength, will, and desire are often unclear and thrust upon you. There are times when the things you are facing seem innocuous enough even pointless but these are the times you need to stand up and show your strength.

I can't tell you if every moment in life requires this sort of self awareness and due to the pure exhaustion of this task makes it impractical to follow as an everyday thought. I however want to adopt this idea as much as I can. When you do something, prove something, whether to yourself or to others prove that you acknowledge an importance. This is not about viewing life as a competition, even though I do sometimes, I instead want to look at life as a series of check points. You may not be where you want when you reach those marks in the sand. That is to be expected and most importantly noted. Change the things you can, and keep in mind you can change more than you ever know.

This relates to my life because I am watching someone complete their first milestones. I know there are the obvious markers but that's not what I'm talking about here. This is about defining yourself and where you correlate and differ from your family, define yourself, and establish your goals. We aren't to the whole persona side of this, however the lady and I are seeing more and more of ourselves and more of who she is everyday. We are both fairly, as I say, "particular". This is all to say the kid also likes things just so. I love this and I am so excite that as she grows she gets more attached to the world.

These are the small victories.

Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse.
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment