Sometimes things feel like they are getting off the rails and sometimes you just don't see an answer. Well, don't ask me because I have nothing for you. On the bright side. What I've found is most of the time there is no answer just one option look where you are and just do something.
I find this time of year inspiring thanksgiving football, cold weather, lots of food, a time for giving thanks, continuing traditions, and quiet introspection. I think that the crisp fall weather nature preparing for a long hard winter to come sometimes leads people to stagnation. Let this be my time to disagree. Through this season I always find motivation to emerge out of the coming cold with a new perseverance and possible new answers.
In our household the kid has a cold and felt generous enough to gift that to me. The lady stepped up and took on the thoroughly unforgiving task of posting up with the mini dictator and trudging through the constant barrage of anger and snot filled confusion being thrown at her. It's easy to see someone you love and are I charge of struggling but it happens and all you can do is keep on keeping on, to use a confusing turn of phrase. What I mean is, if you have gotten to place you want to be, even if its not everything you wanted, that means your doing something right. The lady didn't give up she just kept being herself and that's what we needed. We aren't out of the woods quite yet, however we aren't staring down any misery cannons anymore and that is in no small part a credit to her at her most core level.
We often meet adversity and look at the ways we need to adapt, sometimes I think we need to see how we need to stay the same. I haven't had the most banner raising year but when I surveyed the field and finally starting listening to the people I have surrounded myself with I realized this idea. It is necessary to change sometimes, but more often than you think just adapt the situation to who you are. That's what the lady did and does everyday and that's why I am righting this today. I would also like to say that's the only thing the kid does, but she tends for the extreme.
Be who you are and don't just say it like a freaking poster in an office actually do it. I can't stand most positive thinking phrases because they take the onus off of what they actually are saying to instead provide some sorry of comfort. Be the change and actually then go out and own it. If you are facing down something, evaluate it use some imagination and actually figure out how YOU are already prepared.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment