Why is following directions complicated? If I say come on let's go here or there, I have a fifth percent chance my child listens. I can't understand the reasons behind common place activities like eating or sleeping are now moments of intense screaming and one sided anger, that's her side by the way. However I have learned that being calm is golden.
If you are getting shot at from a fox hole, you respond in kind. If you are being chased you run. If you have a child loosing all grip on reality, screaming, crying, and acting generally enraged you just get quiet and calm almost unaffected by the situation. This is not my normal reaction to this kind of provocation, I am a yeller. I love yelling, it feels great, it sounds great, amd to me it is great. All of my adoration for yelling however means nothing. Much like those old jeans or cowboy boots that you love but the rest of the world hates, yelling has no place with small children. It just makes it worse and it ends up just being stupid. I sometimes wonder about the day to day concerns of my childless counterparts, what do you worry about? I hope you worry about nothing but still yell at everyone. People who walk slow in the grocery store, bad drivers, Yankees fans, and anyone who just rubs you the wrong way. Get all of the yelling out of your system because you have no room for it once the kid comes. You will sleep faster, get more done, and look WAY better if you don't. In all seriousness I find it amazing that life constantly reminds you that no matter how firm a grip you believe you have on things, sometimes you need to just get quiet and listen to what your world is telling you.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment