Dear world when my child is having "a moment" and is visibly annoyed with the state of her being please do not take that as a moment to assist!
Normally I am pretty good with keeping "the child" happy. However from time to time we have, what we'll call for the purposes of this piece, a disagreement. Today she was tired and I was, well, tired of trying to get her to nap. Even with her being generally annoyed we needed groceries and all of the classic sleep inducing procedures had failed, so hello super market. On any normal day the store is a pleasant shopping cart facilitated stroll where we leave with bags and most likely a muffin for the kid. Today, the second we entered it became apparent that she wanted a muffin. How, you might ask? Well the word muffin started being spoken at me on repeat for the better part of five minutes. The speaking became shouting and the shouting began to escalate to screaming as I was approaching the muffin hut nestled in the bread isle. All of a sudden, as if I wasn't keenly aware of the situation at hand, an elderly woman decided to interject her sage wisdom. "Oh what a cutie, I think she wants a muffin dad." NO FREAKING WAY! Now I responded calmly despite my non stop express trip to utter chaos, with the classic "don't I know it!" Now I completely understand that no one likes an unhappy kid but she was still far less agitated than your average grocery store child freak out. This interaction is far to common when it comes to being in public. I am just trying to buy dinner here, understand I am doing what I can and please I beg you, don't feel the need to talk approach.
Well that's my rant for the day and I do vaguely feel bad that this old lady made me want to start punting the cantaloupes, but in retrospect I really don't feel bad. Have a wonderful day and don't approach an angry child, or a tired parent , you will be risking the life of innocent produce.
Have a nice day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ.
No comments:
Post a Comment