About Me

The story of a man, a woman, and a baby just making it happen. Please contact me at keaneyblueseagull@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Are You Entertained!

Last night was not an ideal night for this household. Please, allow me to set the scene if I may... Three in the morning, biting cold, out of the shrowded darkness echoes a semi-rhythmic thumping. The sounds failed to reach my ears while I was deeply buried in sleep. The Hollstar, was not as lucky, she was, as I found out later, in a state of constant self perpetuating fear. Damn mouse! Seriously why do we cower at the sight of one of these tiny little fuzz nuggets? I am not okay with the power they have over someone who is as large as I am. This is a problem, a problem I solved.

It was now six in the morning, the sun rises, the trees seem to stretch to great the rising crescendo that is fresh morning, and there I am a lone gladiator standing tall in the shadow of a small but unpredictable opponent. As if I was a blood I hound searched the kitchen for the noise getting closer with every bump and bang that came from... The mud room? Wait, the mud room, even worse the recycling bin. This is so dumb, is this the worse rodent ever? With my masculinity approaching possibly dangerous levels, I lifted the bin with one finger on each hand as if it were radioactive. Proceeding without any screeching or whimpering, fine maybe a little,  removed the recycling bin and gingerly threw it as far as I could while continuing to hold it as far away from my body as possible. The bin skidded, flipped, and overturned revealing a tiny demon mouse! The classic standoff meant one of us would not be making it back in the house, and right now I'm sitting at the dinner table, yes! Take that mister mouse! I was victorious, lets just say, the mouse went to a farm up state with aunt Edna and her life partner Phyllis. I hate how joyous I feel over besting a tiny little half stupid mouse, at the same time I won and I was only kind of emasculated in the process. It feels like a great resounding success from this end.

 More from our adventure yesterday to follow at some point.

Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ


1 comment:

  1. I would be freaking out with Holly (reference poop water or Jarhead)! Nicely done Scuttle

    ReplyDelete