The sheen and glisten of summer dulls and weathers to the rustle and bronzes of Autumn. Life begins to harden and crunch, slow and linger, it feels like New England. Oh right, one more thing, football. I love football, from uniforms to strategy, I am poised at the precipice of football addiction and come September, I leap. This football craze has spread all the way to my little family.
Saturdays bring my favorite part of the Autumn, ESPN College Game Day. Three hours of college football over exposure. Lee Corso is the court jester extraordinaire of CGD (College Game Day). Between Corso's likely alcohol problem, health issues, and general insanity, is the piece de resistance for me... Adorning of the Mascot head. Following the panels picks of the days slate of games, Corso wears the head of the potential winning teams Mascot. This week he walked with a buffalo named Lee Corso, it was awesome!
The Kid was not abiding by my sacred activity on this day. She was insistent that we do anything except for watching CGD. Following The Kid departing with The Hollster, my fiancé! To go spend the day with her aunt. I sat down to finally pay my respect to the game day gods, then the power went out for two hours. So fast forward through dusting, lawn mowing, and organizing I finally got to my days only goal.
It was not an ideal day but it was a great day with my beautiful family culminating in a great Dinner date with Hollstar. Sometimes you just have to listen to what the day is telling you.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment