Today we had an adventure. Into yonder wilderness we journied two intrepid explorers out to, climb rocks. Well this may not be Lewis and Clark and this may not be undiscovered country, also we had snacks. This however was an amazing trip.
The location, Lincoln Woods Park, a beautiful and previously unknown oasis in northern Rhode Island. On the way I told the kid we were on an adventure, and we both started shouting adventure! Fast forward the trip up and just a little loss of direction later and voila adventure. I realized something as we found this nice clearing, the kid doesn't know how to climb. How did I never teach her to climb? When I was growing up I had already eclipsed mountain peaks and was spelunking, at least that's what I thought. How could I leaving such a gap in her development? Wait... I think I'm getting carried away. My point, right back to my point, I had forgot the fun of coaching! Sowing what line to take up the rock, how to stay on your feet, and how strong she really is. I think I enjoyed it more than she did. Keep in mind these are no great rock faces but to her it was a mountain or an expansive crevice. This was a monumentus day for me, I mean, us. This was a real winner.
Explore, learn, teach, and have fun.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ.
Andrew - this is a great post! And I can't believe you were 10 minutes from Ian & I's condo, yet we weren't there...Glad you two had a great day!
ReplyDelete