The Game, Set, And Match Changer
Throughout life you often find yourself in a situation that you may have not considered. In this case the surprise was, well, the most classic of surprises. Yes, it was a baby. Now to give basic background after having cancer in high school I thought having a child would be a lot more work, guess it wasn't! There can be a beautiful resonance to surprises. The moments in your life that you expect very rarely live up to the story you make in your head, but when you never see something coming it forces you to adjust your expectations earlier creating a moment unencumbered by foresight. I never thought I would be where I am today and, despite those previous expectations, am right where I was meant to be. Try letting life plan you not the other way around. As usual a quick aside. Don't rely on the cliche quotes you because they remind me of someone who thinks they are unique by dressing like lady GaGa. Let me tell you, they aren't special, someone else is special. All this means is when you wear ripped panty hose and smear lipstick, you just look rabid and undesirable. In the way that the girl at Whole Foods who thinks she is lady GaGa lacks depth and personal understanding, stock quotes lack any meaning past a poster with a cat on it. Back to the matter at hand, changing expectations.
Last summer we had Sloane in daycare 2 days a week because I had a part time job. Daycare was great for her because she loves other kids, it was a nightmare for us, the parents, because apparently kids are incredibly good at spreading disease. Much like rats, small children set forth plagues on their homes nearly daily with the adeptness of a surgical strike. With this in mind there is a virus called hand foot and mouth which renders the recipient in a state akin to the walking dead. Sloane became the temporary home to a rather robust strain and was actually relatively unscathed, seemingly avoiding most of the blister and sores that can accompany it. This felt like a win, until, she poked me in the eye with her spit and virus soaked paicpher. At this point things went poorly for me. Over the next week I had the pleasure of non-permanent leperacy. Never in my life did I imagine my skin could hurt' well it can. I don't feel the current need to tell you how amazingly uncomfortable I was, but I promise you that it was not enjoyable. The best part of all of this though was that you realize no matter what comes the next day or in this case next week you are right back in the swing with a little crazy person running around gunning for your health... And groin.
Life throws things at you daily and your job is to catch. Take pride in your work and relationships they temper the changes in life and lead to, we'll, more questions. That's ok, I have never met a person who I found interesting who didn't try a couple things before they got it right. Be interesting, be good, and accept change because it already accepted you.
Have a nice day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ.
I am always amazed at the wonder-full-ness of seeing my son be a dad - and now to have him
ReplyDeleteblog about it! LOVE IT! Oh, by the way,
it's "pacifier"... hahahahahahahaha
Love, Mah-Mah