From time to time the the communication I strive to foster breaks down.
I am currently trying to she'd some of my accrued girth. This task led me to a local gym with daycare while you work out, seemingly perfect for my needs, the only problem is that the kid does not agree. In the past year without daycare apparently the kid has become attached to only spending time with people she knows. This problem has escalated to not even allowing us to leave to go to the gym. This plan has fallen apart before it even began.
I have attempted to use our budding communication skills to resolve this problem, that being said I might as well be speaking Ancient Greek. Sometimes when things are going well and everything seems to working like a fine tuned machine all of a sudden she takes that monkey wrench and starts smashing gears like Gallagher with watermelons. After the absolute annihilation of our previous understanding the show really begins. Right now the back seat of my car is covered in chololate milk and raisin bran muffins, the consequences of potential bribes for good behavior gone horribly wrong.
I couldn't tell you if I can convince her that the gym is a viable option today but what I do know, is that I kind of love the fact she's getting attached to me. No matter how incredibly frusterating she is today it's because she wants to hang with me, that's pretty cool, infuriating but in a way, a very small way, adorable.
What I have realized is the take away from all of this is that I am just to wonderful to leave and she doesn't care if I'm fat. Unconditional and confused love what else could you ask for.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment