About Me

The story of a man, a woman, and a baby just making it happen. Please contact me at keaneyblueseagull@gmail.com

Monday, October 21, 2013

Manners

The next obstacle in the advancement of the kid as a functioning member of society. The first part of this is a general understanding of basic functionality which is to say eating, sleeping, etc. From that lead to the bathroom experience which is a work in progress but one that is improving. Now we reach the crux of the current challenge, manners.

To be fair to the kid, she says please and thank you, with thank you  she is much better than please. My frustration is mainly connected to the fact that she understands please and how to use it, and she does, however the key is only when prompted. The lady and I have been hammering home the need of saying please for the majority of her speaking life, this has had a relatively minor affect her actions. Whenever a "need" is established in that two year old brain of hers she goes from zero to sixty in no time flat. I wonder if I have ever needed anything with the fervor she presents her most basic of needs. In a way I am impressed with the strength of conviction she shows for things such as raisins, milk, dolls, remotes, phones, and basically anything any adult in eye view is currently utilizing.

EUREKA I know understand her strength on conviction! It doesn't matter if she has any actual needs but more importantly it is connected to making sure whatever you are doing becomes what she is doing. So the reason for the lack of please comes back to what real already knew, the pocket dictator rules with an iron fist and as such can show no weakness.

Well that is WAY to much for this stay at home dad to handle. I think I'm just going to keep reminding her that please is a requirement and hopefully she doesn't stick me in some sort of gulag.

Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment