Not many people enjoy going to the doctors office, personally I've been to so many I have very little problem with it but the kid is a different story.
When you are small the doctor's office is quite common and fairly traumatic. First it's shots and blood work then little kids are always sick. I have discussed the pitfalls of daycare and the health of everyone associated. This leads to a lot of time spent in a doctors waiting room. Following the waiting you have poking, prodding, coughing, listening, shots, and a lot of crying. I have to admit you don't enjoy whatching your child loose their mind like Bill O'Reilly on a production intern but it is a part of life.
Sometimes I wonder how much a 2 year old remembers, a lot is the only way I can put it. For her two year check up we hoofed it over to the pediatrician and we talked about what was going to happen and the ensuing treat if all went well. This seemed to put her at peace, until we opened the front door. Her breaks went on like a Mack truck heading toward the edge of a bottomless pit. This was truly a sign of pure hate to follow. I can't believe that she remembered how much she hated the doctor that much. I obviously feel terrible that she was so scared especially because I was facilitating the moment of fear. That being said I was really impressed with the memory on this little chica, what are you going to do it will change over time, but damn what a quick kid!
I don't really know if there is any under lying message here but what I do know is people are incredibly impressive.
Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment