About Me

The story of a man, a woman, and a baby just making it happen. Please contact me at keaneyblueseagull@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Man, The Myth, The Legendad

I don't really know what makes someone good at something or why certain people do what they do. I don't even know why I do what I do?

Necessity seems the most obvious answer, when life gives you lemons I guess. Then again maybe there is a greater purpose, the idea of "fate" does make a sort of sense even though it's kind of depressing if you think about it. For that reason alone I'm not going to go that route, I'm thinking that it's maybe more in the middle.

I always dreamt of a straight forward life made from a very detailed plan in my head. This plan seemingly, as often as possible, has been rewritten. You can make a laundry list of events that would make my previous plan null and give me an opportunity to create new ones. As time has progressed I have realized my long term planning skills are well, quite poor. I have often wondered why the unforseeable seems to be common place in my life and I think I have an answer. Why not?

Now that is kind of a copout but really, maybe things happen in our lives because they can. Our job is to somehow string them together and make a somewhat coherent picture out of all of this. This is where my point comes together, our lives are our lives because of the things that happen to us. If you substitute something in your life for something you may prefer everything that follows will be different. You make the space in between the craziness, that space makes up your life as you know it.

Tha uncontrollable things are the easiest to focus on and when you ignore that period in between you start to loose the little bit if control you have. This is important for me because I have realized that I have taken to this parenting thing because it seems easy to me to take care of someone else. The taking care of myself is more of a challenge.

The point of all of this is when you get lemons you should take a second and ask yourself if you know any recipes that require lemons or maybe you would like a lemon tree. The easy answer is to just keep pushing through but after all of that pushing you start to develop skills you don't realize. For me I have found out that I'm really good at planning and adjusting on the fly, the only catch is I'm only good at it for other people. Take what you learn and apply it to the craziness, maybe things become easier maybe they become more complicated but they will become something.

Enjoy your life because there are way to many miserable people, maybe they should just read this, I think I'm pretty convincing.

Have a great day and smile, it could always be worse
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment