I have been attempting to regain my physical condition and appearance of days gone by. In this journey I have joined a gym (with daycare), obtained the assistance of a pocket sized sister from another mister/personal trainer for a workout regiment, and been regularly wishing that I had instead decided knit in lieu of getting in shape. The kid loves the gym, or yimmy as she refers to it, and the lady keeps telling me how annoyed she is, I would say she is three quarters kidding.
This physical activity is fairly strenuous and it does make me feel fairly old but it also leaves me quite, well, sweaty. Imagine if you will, taking a hose slowly running and attaching it to the top of your head for the better part of an hour. The word damp does not begin to sum up my state after the first part of my work out.
During my daily sweat-scapades I have very little to do other than look around the yimmy (got to give to the kid, she has a way with words). The other day while I was surveying the other poor souls working out I saw a women wandering from machine to machine, only vaguely like an automaton. This woman was on the heavier side, remember judgement free zone, she was wearing a very unusual shirt however. The shirt read "sweating for the wedding"I found this humorous and more than a little ridiculous.
When I saw the lady that night I relayed this story, it was hilarious I really made it come alive. I further stated that I thought the shirt would be perfect for me since we have a wedding coming up, with tongue planted firmly in cheek. In the days to follow I told the story a few more times as I found the male to female role reversal both subversive and witty. Little did I know what was ahead of me.
The lady and I have our anniversary on Halloween and I asked if we were exchanging gifts. The following answer rendered me senseless and writhing on the floor in hysteria. The lady told me that in a fit of genius she had purchased me one of the aforementioned t-shirts. Oh nuts, well she took the joke to a whole new level.
This time I guess the joke is on me, touché and another job well done lady.
Have a great day and smile, you could always be sweaty,
AJ
No comments:
Post a Comment